Designed by underground tradesman for tradesmen & underground miners, Field and Portal innovative hydration back pack has been specially designed for harsh underground operations.
This unique hydration back pack is the most efficient way to keep you hydrated, with access to tools, PPE & food supplies on hand for those excessive breakdowns at the working face .
The low-profile design that holds over 9L of cargo + has a 3-litre military spec TPU hydration bladder to ensure long lasting durability.
The Field and Portal Back Pack is designed to give tradesmen the ability to have three points of contact at all times when climbing on and off platforms & machinery where three points of contact is needs to be maintained for safety.
Weight is distributed evenly across your shoulders and back by the confortable padded straps and cushioning. Nothing is compromised.Features:
* 3 litre Military Spec food grade TPU bladder (BPA, Phathalate, PVC and Lead Free)
* External tool holders’ locators for shifters.
* 2 External tool pockets for easy access to store PPE ear plugs / Leatherman / kestrel without removing back pack for access.
* 9L of cargo storage in top and bottom front pockets
* Heavy duty 670 gsm 1000D machine weaved reinforced rip tear resistant vinyl fabrics water resistant & fire retardant for the ultimate combination of strength and durability
* Hi visibility tape for OH&S to protect personal and be visual on haul roads / underground (orange backpacks for rail workers mandatory requirement )
* Food safe by both European and Australian standards
* Cordura Fabric used on rear panel to keep your back cool and for added ventilation
* Front pocket Tool rail for essential items shifters / screw drivers / spanners
* Side-release shoulder straps for rapid removal
* Independent Shoulder Harness Suspension design
* Hook-and-loop retainer to secure drink tube to shoulder strap catered for left & right handed personal
* Separate insulated hydration compartment (with reservoir hang loop) has easy access via 3/4 length zipper
* Lower drink tube exit ports for under arm tube routing
* D-Rings and webbing loops for tube management
* Removable waist belt for added stability
* Adjustable sternum strap
* Hook-and-loop strap management
We recommend wiping your pack with a damp cloth to remove dirt. If the pack is extremely dirty and needs a deeper cleaning, soak it in cool or warm water with a very mild soap. Rinse the pack thoroughly with cool water.
Use low pressure compressed air to blow zippers clean from contamination, sandstone coal etc. if lodged in the zipper tracks. Minimum lubrication (lanolin) may be required at times if zipper has been exposed in heavy dust or contaminated areas.
3 LITRE HYDRATION RESERVOIR BLADDER CLEANING
The best way to care for your reservoir is to clean and dry it after every use, especially if you fill the reservoir with anything other than water. However, if a reservoir has not been cleaned after every use, and mold or discoloration develops:
* Use hot water and use 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix the solution inside your reservoir and elevate the reservoir above the tube and Bite Valve.
* Pinch the bite valve, allowing the solution to flow into the drink tube and fill the bite valve.
* Let the reservoir and cleaning solution sit in the reservoir and drink tube for about 30 minutes.
* Wash the reservoir with hot water and mild soap. Be sure to completely rinse away the cleaning solution in the reservoir and drink tube before using again.
* Once the reservoir is clean, be sure to air dry overnight so no moisture is trapped inside that can cause mold to grow.
These steps will make your reservoir safe for use.